We will price your home to maximize value by promoting your property locally, and all around the world. Our global affiliations mean Selling Bahamas listings are seen throughout the world.
Success Is Built On Relationships
A high volume of our sales are repeat business. We diligently help clients with all of their real estate needs and have a reputation for treating them like family. Our top-tier customer service ethic and our continued commitment to exceptional results have made us a local leader. Coupled with luxury affiliations and access to the global market, we are second to none when it comes to selling your current property.
Selling Bahamas knows The Bahamas
We know what is presently available and what is coming to the market. Market knowledge and exceptional client service make us the best in The Bahamas. We consistently sell homes to customer’s satisfaction and achieve success in the top of the high-end market. We have been featured on HGTV and numerous local investor publications. Our agents are true real estate experts.
Free Property Valuation
Reasons For Listing With Us
- Experienced brokers and agents backed by over 36 years of experience.
- Free Market Analysis. Our free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) is aimed at helping you find a competitive price that generates the most competition and drives up your final sales price.
- Assistance with obtaining financial, legal, and closing advice.
- Agents who keep you abreast of your property’s activity both personally and through a unique 24 hour access to our “Client Only” section of our web site, allowing you to track the activity on your property from anywhere in the world.
- State of the art technology. We use digital cameras, provide virtual tours, grant our clients access to activity reports, and global video links on YouTube and our website, and link all of our offices with an online database.
- Targeted Marketing makes use of our extensive database of the most qualified buyers and sellers.
- Unparalleled exposure. Our global networks of real estate professionals provides exposure for your property to millions of potential buyers around the globe.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Purchase Price of the Property.
- Legal Fees — 2.5% of the gross purchase price (negotiable).
- Government VAT Stamp Duty — 2.5% of the value of when less than $100,000.00 and 10% of the value when over $100,000.
The stamp (duty) tax is shared equally between buyer and seller unless otherwise agreed upon.
Exemption for First Time Home Owners
The exemption from stamp duty for first time home owners has now been extended to 30th June 2023. However, all applications for the exemption must be made within twelve months of the date of the conveyance to the applicant. The Affidavit sworn by the applicant which accompanies the application must now state that there is not and never has been any other dwelling house held by the applicant or on his behalf situated in or outside of The Bahamas.
Applications for first time home owner stamp duty exemption on conveyances executed on or after 1st January 2003, must be submitted on or before 31st December 2018.
Value Added Tax
The Value Added Tax Act has been amended to make all transfers of real property exempt from value added tax, with the exception of commercial leases which remain subject to value added tax.
A 12% Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged on real estate services, including appraisals, legal work, commissions and insurance.
Laws and policies are subject to change.
The real estate market in the Bahamas has become very active. With the injection of multi-billion dollar investments throughout the islands and a stable government that continues to invest in public infrastructure and education, the economy and quality of life is progressing steadily.
Location is key in the Bahamas, so once a property is priced right and is in good showing condition, now would be a favorable time to sell.
Buyers are always looking for deals, therefore, using an experienced agent in the negotiation phase is crucial.